We're a thoroughly new kind of hotel; so much so that we actually call ourselves a house, as we aim to be a Melting Pot for getting people together and because our way of doing things is perhaps just a little more personable and informal than some. And a touch off-beat: unusual cuisines; unexpected events; untypical meetings; unorthodox interiors; unconventional bedrooms; uncommon people.
We have 83 bedrooms. 7 event and meeting spaces (some indoors and some out). 4 restaurants. An outdoor pool. A back garden. A gym. And lots of surprises to keep things buzzing.
1.3° from The Equator. 180° From Ordinary
When it comes to food and drinks, it is a global affair with a smouldering urban brasserie open-fire grill, café-bar and coffee roastery, an indoor-outdoor farm-to-table dining room and our rooftop Peruvian Melting Pot – each entirely authentic in character and cuisine.
Triple S' Bedrooms
For starters, the House offers 83 bedrooms, most with 24 square metre spaces of simplicity, style and common sense, plus 6 larger bedrooms for those who wish for a little more elbow room.
We call them Triple S: Simple (easy to operate); Stylish (natural tones, with splashes of bright colour); Smart (helpful, practical).
- All our award winning Bedrooms have an interactive TV, enabling in-room dining, room service requests, lighting, wake-up calls, TV and music content.
- Smartphone Bedroom access (‘Smartphone Key’)
- The Social House Smartphone App allows for interaction with staff, and bookings information
- In-house freshly-roasted Kenyan AA coffee, with French Press
- Sustainable Kenyan bathroom products
The Social House blends local and overseas guests, art and music, fashion and comedy, socializing and ‘business-ing’, festivals and farmer’s markets. All conceived and delivered in a thoroughly Nairobian way.